Don’t forget to try the new ‘Home screen integration‘ feature which allows you to launch any carousel, anytime, anywhere, simply by double-tapping the home button on your phone!
This entry was posted on Sunday, August 22nd, 2010 at 5:51 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
So very glad that I bought this software, after trying out the free version. Version 2.7 is GREAT (some fixes and added high resolution from v. 2.6). It is always good to see a talented person put useful software out there. And, amazingly enough, responded to my e-mails a while back. Definitely one of the best Android apps. FYI, I have a Nexus One, running Android 2.2 (FroYo).
I hope you’re using the new ‘Home integration’ feature as well.
Great app! I like how it allows me to truly multitask without going back to my homescreen.
One question though, I use Launcherpro as my home, which allows me to set various actions when I single-tap the home button. When I integrate UFPro w/ Launcherpro, I seem to lose the single-tap home function. Is there any way to set so that I can single tap for LP functions and double tap for UFPro carousel?
This is not (currently) possible, because of how the interception of the home button works.
Two ways to technically do this:
1. Add the single tap functionality to UltimateFavesPRO. (What are you using it for?)
2. Add new functionality to LauncherPro that would allow it to receive the ‘single tap’ request as a parameter when being launched, thus, creating a way for UltimateFavesPro and LauncherPro to ‘talk’ with each other and working better together.
I use the single tap to show screen previews- it’ll show all 7 homescreens as cards that can be tapped to go to, rather than swiping. Very convenient for going from screen 1 to 7 quickly.
Other settings available are: open app drawer, open notifications, show/hide statusbar.
I personally like the homescreen preview though, and miss it when UFPro is set as the default.
I know that I can remove the default and put a shortcut on my homescreen, but then is there a way to bring up the carousel from within an app (without having to return to the homescreen)?
Fantastic App, but I have an issue. My unit is 800×480 resolution and in portrait mode the carousel is kind of small. Landscape isnt so bad but portrait is rough. Just some feedback, otherwise awesome so far!
Thanks for your feedback. The ratio is indeed different in this resolution. I’ll check it out.
In the meanwhile, you can try try a larger icon size and see if it helps (Configurable via the Settings menu)
I want to buy ultimatefavespro, but a market search does not find it.
The app is supported for Android 2.0 devices or above. If you have Android 1.6/1.5 you will not find it on the market.
Great App – but have I missed something?
Is it possible to dedicate one of my 5 home screens to a carousel – i.e. just by going to that screen and have the carousel already launched and there waiting to be used – not require me to navigate to the screen and then launch UFP.
It’s not possible to put the carousel pre-launched on your home screen, but there are many different ways to launch a carousel:
1. By double-tapping the home-button, this way, you can launch any carousel you want from any of your home screens, and even from within any application! To enable this feature, you must set UltimateFavesPRO as your default home app.
2. By long-pressing the search button.
3. By creating home-screen shortcuts to specific carousels – You can create a shortcut to a carousel and give the shortcut its own icon and its own name (You can download additional icon packs from the market, or from the icon selection screen.
4. From the notification bar (Enable in settings)
5. Using the camera button, if your phone has one (Enable in settings).
As you can see, UltimateFavesPRO is very versatile, and has many features and customization options, every one can choose their favorite way to do everything!
Please post future comments on our the official web site: http://ultimatefaves.com/
Lior – thanks for the speedy reply! long pressing the search button works for me!
I tried the Free version and this is a really good application. Would it be possible to develop the carousel without showing the empty spaces with stars?
The empty star places holders are necessary to keep the carousel looking like a carousel when there are less than 8 items.
Currently, it cannot be removed, but you can change the star icon to any of the custom icons:
1. Long-press the empty star place holder and select “Change Icon” in the context menu.
2. In the change icon screen, you’d be able to download free icon packs from the market, and assign a different icon.
For futher posts, please use our new web site: http://ultimatefaves.com/
When I sync the download to app brain, i can’t find it on the app market, how do i download it then (free version)
Here’s the Android market link:
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
RSS - Posts
RSS - Comments
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 60 other followers
Blog at WordPress.com.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.