- Added missing permission for GPS.
- Fixed a bug caused by the new PayPal library.
- Home screen integration – Double tap the Home button to launch any carousel!
- Long-press the Search button to launch last used carousel.
- More carousel speeds!
- Improved carousel speed handling.
- Updated PayPal library
- Free and PRO versions combined into a single .apk!
- In-app purchase using PayPal.
- New plugin infrastructure.
- New infrastructure for many upcoming features.
- Support for Android 2.0+ contacts and accounts.
- Improved OpenGL rendering using VBO’s.
- Android 2.2 (Froyo) ready.
- Bug fixes.
- When dialog issues with screen orientation changes.
- When renaming a carousel and screen orientation changes, EditView content is maintained.
v1.1 (See the blog entry)
- Create home screen SHORTCUTS to specific carousels.
- Home screen widgets were removed, shortcuts to a much better job.
- Added pop-in / pop-out animation.
- When a carousel item is clicked in will launch even if the carousel is still moving.
- Custom carousel speed.
- Custom carousel icon size.
- Custom show/hide labels.
- Custom show/hide info-bar.
- Custom show/hide carousel-name.
- The above carousel settings can be defined globally OR per-carousel!
- Custom screen orientation (portrait / landscape / automatic).
- Custom background type (gradient / solid color).
- Custom background color.
- Custom background transparency
- Custom rotation vibration (enabled / disabled)
- Custom selection vibration (enabled / disabled)
- Added up / down swipe gestures to switch between carousels
- Gestures can be enabled / disabled
- Enable / disable pop in/out animations.
v1.0.2 (See the blog entry)
- Fixed gluProject to work with all screen resolutions.
- DROID is now supported.
- Using high-resolution textures (Up to 128×128).
- When an item is selected, its text ‘pops’ out with the image.
- Added ‘show labels’ and ‘show info’ buttons in the info-bar (See pictures in the blog entry).
- Replaced the default bookmark icon to a 96×96 resolution icon.
v1.0.1 (See the blog entry)
- Carousel name now appears as part of the info bar.
- Carousel name can be clicked to launch switch-carousel dialog.
- When adding new items, list appears immediately without pre-fetching the items. Items are loaded on-the-fly in a separate thread.
- Widget configuration will automatically switch to portrait orientation.
- Carousel angle is saved (only for application, not for widgets).
- Disabled saving icons to database until custom-icons feature is ready.
- Redesigned from the ground up!
- New OpenGL graphics engine.
- Uses Sqlite databases to store all carousel info.
UltimateFaves – basic
v2.1 (See the blog entry)
- Based on UltimateFavesPRO v1.1.1, but limited to two carousels only.
v2.0 (See the blog entry)
- A completely new application!
- Based on UltimateFavesPRO v1.0.1, but limited to two carousels only.
v1.0 (See the blog entry)
- Removed “foggy blue” background to save up a full screen size bitmap. Replaced with additional color settings.
- Background service now stays constantly in memory (not only when quick notification access is enabled) to allow quicker access at all times.
- Application now ignores “orientation” and “keyboardHidden” configuration changes to prevent it from restarting when this configuration changes happen.
- While running the application ignores screen orientation change.
- When “Exit on selection” is selected in settings, and an item is selected, move the application back in the activity stack, instead of performing full exit (finish).
- Added percentage display to progress dialog when loading lists (of contacts / applications / etc.).
- Improved widget icon
- Bug fix with show/hide carousel name setting
- Added donate link in menu
- Added blog link in menu
v0.9.8 beta (See the blog entry)
- Fixed a few OutOfMemoryError crashes.
- Fixed possible crash when a SecurityException is thrown stating the the permission ‘com.android.browser.permission.READ_HISTORY_BOOKMARKS’ is missing (seen on donut 1.6 with CyanogenMod 4.1.1). An appropriate message is displayed to the user
- Lower memory footprint
- Custom carousel names with configurable show/hide settings (via Menu -> Settings -> Show carousel names)
- Added home screen widgets to launch specific carousels
v0.9.7 beta (See the blog entry)
- Application is now retained in memory for quicker access. (Configurable via Menu->Settings->Advanced settings).
- Some minor memory tweaks to reduce garbage collection when launching selection lists.
- Bug fixes
- Added direct e-mail support
- Added direct text messaging support
- Selection lists now display additional information (such as e-mails / phone numbers / bookmark URL’s)
- Custom background (Menu -> Settings -> Application background)
- Custom carousel speed (Menu -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Carousel max speed)
v0.9.4 beta (See the blog entry)
- New preferences screen available from Menu -> Settings with the following custom settings:
- Quick access from the notification bar.
- Enable quick access notification on startup.
- Quick access using the camera button.
- Exit on selection: Exit the application when an item is clicked and launched, or keep running.
- Carousel vibration – Haptic feedback to carousel rotation.
- Custom icon sizes
- Animation frame rate improved by 20%
- Added direct-call support
- Added bookmark support
- Bug fixes
- Completely rewritten under the hoods
- New animation mechanism, working with SurfaceView instead of a regular view
- New scrolling mechanism (when switching between carousels)
- New menus
- Carousels can now contain both applications and contacts.
- Carousel items now have a long-click context menu
- Added overlays for direct-call and contact-card icons
- Added image caching for application selection list, and contact selection list for smoother scrolling.
- Fixed contacts selection list
- First public beta
- Two separate carousels, one for contacts, one for applications