November 15, 2009
UltimateFavesPRO v1.0.2 includes the following changes:
- Supports Motorola Droid, and any other high-resolution devices.
- Works with high-resolution textures (128×128, instead of 64×64 before) for sharp and clear images.
- Added two LED-buttons near the carousel name, which are configurable per-carousel:
- Labels – When enabled, labels appear under the carousel items.
- Info – When enabled the info-bar will display enhanced information on the current selected item in the carousel.
Info-bar is enabled, labels are disabled.
High-resolution textures, info-bar disabled, labels enabled
November 12, 2009
I’ve released two new version today:
- UltimateFavesPRO 1.0.1 (Available on the blog) with a few little improvements. (See the changelog)
- UltimateFaves 2.0 (Available on the Android) which is basically a stripped down version of the PRO 1.0.1 version, and allows you to create only two carousels.
UltimateFaves2.0 - Isn't it beautiful?
So what’s next?
I’m working on a feature (for UltimateFavesPRO) that will replace that default lock-screen. You will be able to access all your carousels even when the phone is locked (with a new way to unlock your phone). It’s going be great
November 9, 2009
I’ve just posted the first demo video of UltimateFavesPRO. Enjoy
Thanks to Arik Goldstein for his wonderful original music!
October 11, 2009
Version 1.0 is out on the market. It includes some final improvements, it loads faster, it takes less memory, to give you the best experience for accessing your your favorites on your phone. Look at the change log for more details.
So, what’s next?
I’m starting to work on UltimateFavesPRO now. Like UltimateFaves? You’ll LOVE UltimateFavesPRO. It’s going to bring more carousels, more speed, more graphics, and many more features.
In the next few weeks, while I’m working hard for you, you can do the following for me:
- Take a minute and donate. Any donation would be highly appreciated
- Leave a comment, share your impressions.
- Think it’s a five-start app? Rate UltimateFaves on the Android market.
- Spread the word.
October 9, 2009
Version 0.9.8 is out on the market and introduces two new features:
Custom carousel names: You can name your carousel according to its content (“Frequently called” “Favorite apps”, “Work stuff”, etc.).
Showing / Hiding the carousel names is configurable (Menu -> Settings -> Show carousel names)
Quick launch widgets: Place widgets on your home screen to launch specific carousels. When the widget is added, a configuration screen is opened, that lets you choose the target carousel for the widget. If you’re thinking that this is not necessary, after all, there are only two carousels, think forward, UltimateFavesPRO is coming soon, with a lot more carousels!
UltimateFaves widget in the widget list
Custom Carousel Names
October 4, 2009
Version 0.9.7 is out on the market and introduces a new feature:
Lightning-fast access: The application is now retained in memory at all times. When you press HOME or BACK, the application is simply moved back in the activity stack but is not removed from memory.
When you launch the application again, the existing application instance is moved to the front of the activity stack, with zero loading time!
Although this is the recommended behavior and gives the best user-experience (after all, UltimateFaves is meant to be used dozens of times throughout the day), it’s configurable via Menu -> Settings -> Advances settings.
The new "Keep in memory" feature
A few small additions (that were actually already present in version 0.9.6) are:
Direct E-mail support – Start an e-mail to a contact with a single click.
Direct SMS support – Start a text message to a contact with a single click.
The freedom of choice